Monday, September 3, 2012

A Look Back at 2010 (cont'd)

John was honored at the Parade of Heroes that took place at the Legends in Kansas City.  Brecken, Emma and I got to ride in the firetruck with his crew. 

Breck's first time actually riding in Daddy's firetruck
Firefighter Dave and Emma
Firefighter Ryan and Brecken
This is us at breakfast at First Watch after finishing Daddy's run, the John Glaser Memorial 5K.  The event takes place every October around John's birthday and starts at his fire station.

B looks so thrilled -- one out of two isn't bad
John was honored at the Kansas Fallen Firefighters Memorial in Wichita:


Tiffany and I decided that we wanted to run the Kansas City Half Marathon about a month before the race.  We survived and had tons of fun!  I've since run two other half marathons and am completely hooked...actually having the time to train is another story.  :)  

Tiffany, Kara & I posing pre-race
We had Brecken's third birthday party in Columbia, MO so all of the cousins could be there.  What a fun day!


 


Nana drove up to St. Louis with us so we could spend Halloween with the cousins.


Abbey, Brecken and Kaitlyn
Uncle Steve and the Sowers girls with Breck
We were invited to the annual Guns 'N Hoses event in Kansas City where the Police Officers battle it out against the Firefighters in a charity boxing event.  I got to present one of the awards to the boxers...it was lots of fun. 

Guns 'N Hoses

Princess Emma turns One!


Someone has her Mama's sweet tooth!

We celebrated Christmas in Lawrence at Nana and T's house with everyone.

Aunt Robin and Emma

Nana and Emma
Great Grandma Shirley and the kids (minus Emma)

No comments: