Note: This one's a bit old but worthy of remembering someday...hopefully when her daughter is doing the same thing and I can look back and laugh about it..for now, it's one day at a time. :)
September is finally over and this mama is happy! We had a rough couple of weeks during that month with Miss Emma. There are numerous stories that I could tell but I'll just share a few that were worth photographing.
I went to check on Emma before going to bed like I always do and found butterflies all perfectly lined up on her dresser. I thought she had gotten them out of her closet but found out that wasn't the case the next morning. Upon entering her room, I noticed that her corner was extremely bare. The little stinker had climbed up on her chair and somehow managed to take down her Pottery Barn butterfly mobile that was hanging from the ceiling. No words for this one.
The next night, she decided to decorate her room with her books and animals...and sleep in a very odd position (don't worry, I moved her!)...
A few nights later, I heard something in the kitchen and found this:
To top it off, the next morning, she decided to cut her hair because she wanted to look like cousin Anna. We have zero pairs of scissors that can be reached by kiddos so I was totally stumped as to where she got them from. Needless to say, Mommy's office is now off limits unless I'm in there with her! Thankfully Sharkey's was able to come to the rescue and "fix" her hair...we didn't have much of a choice but to cut a lot of it off without her looking like she had a mullet but it definitely could have been worse!
Sweet little Emma was back for a few days and she was really excited about going to Kansas for Daddy's race...so excited that she packed all of her stuff by herself....what a BIG helper!
P.S. If you have ever thought about having a mural painted on your little girls room, you may want to reconsider what you have painted on the wall. Emma apparently thought she was a little birdie because I went to check on her and caught her standing on her headboard, trying to climb the tree on her wall. Thankfully she was ok and we didn't have any trips to the ER for a broken arm that night! However, she did receive a talk from her doctor that week about climbing and thankfully, it worked! Please, God, let this be a phase!!!
Thank goodness it's November!
Monday, November 11, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment