Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me

October is a crazy month with birthdays!  John's was on the 7th, Aunt Robin's was on the 16th, Brecken's was on the 18th, and mine was on the 19th.  I'm exhausted just thinking them and also thinking that I better get on the treadmill and run about ten miles to burn off the extra calories I consumed from all that cake!

Grammy and Poppy wanted to take us out to a nice dinner for my birthday last Friday.  I decided I wanted Italian food (I know you are shocked that I didn't pick Mexican) so our plans were all made UNTIL...the kids got home from Aunt Nee's house after work.  I could tell that they were tired and the dinner thing just wasn't going to work out.

So, what did we do instead?  I asked Breck what he wanted for dinner that night, of course.  We've only been there once but for some reason, it must have stuck in his mind because he wanted Mooyah.  Not only this, but they wanted to wear jammies.  Did I complain?  No, it was my birthday and I wanted it to be easy.  If this meant eating a fatty cheeseburger and milkshake with my happy kids that could wear jammies and color on the walls, all while having a stress-free dinner....count me in!!!

So, here's to happy kids, in-laws that probably thought I was crazy, and one happy birthday mama!

Brecken is still wearing his birthday crown from yesterday



Nothing better then coloring in our jammies...at a restaurant

In all seriousness, it was a good birthday.  I find that the older you get, the more excited you are for your kids birthdays and you kind of forget about your own...I can't even remember how old I am half the time.

This was by far my favorite thing of the night and a perfect ending to my birthday!


The Best Birthday Gift Ever from Amber Glaser on Vimeo.


No comments: