Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Camping with Our Little Buddies

A few weeks ago, we went camping near the Little Elm beach with the Newhalls and some of our friends.  Yep, that's right....I said camping...all night long....as in tents, peeing in buckets, and swatting away bugs....lots of bugs!


We let the kids swim with all the guys in the lake (ewwww!) and then headed back to the campsite for games, exploring, stories and bedtime.  I think the highlight of the trip for Brecken was finding an armadillo near our tents (because who wouldn't want to have one of those crawling a few feet away from where you would be sleeping?)....he is so his Daddy when it comes to things like this.


This is Miss Emma standing on my feet...she hated the feeling of sand on her little footsies!


Miss Emma was keeping Riley, Kendall and Brecken up so I turned in for the night and went to snuggle with her.  Talk about a rough night of sleep!  There is something so peaceful yet so scary about sleeping in a tent...I felt a little too vulnerable like some crazy person was going to burst into our tent at any hour of the night.  Not to mention that with any rustle of the trees, I kept thinking that the darn armadillo was trying to pay us a visit.


Bottom line...we loved the company but Brecken, Emma and I are all on the same page when it comes to camping....we love being outside but prefer to sleep in a warm bed with a roof over our heads at night.  Sorry Uncle Michael...I don't think Mr. B is going to be your camping buddy anytime soon.


P.S.  Did I mention how heavenly it was the next morning to go home and take a shower?  The little things in life are sometimes the best!  I think our washer and dryer ran non-stop for an entire day washing every.single.thing that went to the campsite with us.  Hopefully the kids will remember this little adventure and not want to do a repeat anytime too soon until I can get the courage to brave the bugs and armadillos again!

2 comments:

Icemanku said...

I'll get him to go. So many animals he'll have to see them all.

Icemanku said...

With so many animals we'll see camping he'll change his mind.