When Emma was little, my Dad nicknamed her POW (Piece of Work). She has such a fun, carefree personality but boy can she be ornery! When I was little, my Dad nicknamed me Spike. I'd like to say that Emma gets her personality from her Daddy but unfortunately, I think you can see the connection.
They say what goes around, comes around so my Dad thinks Emma's little shenanigans are pretty entertaining. However, I beg to differ on some of the most recent episodes she's done.
When I was in Florida in June for a girls week, my sister potty trained Emma while I was gone (I still owe her BIG time for this!). However, Emma has recently decided that at certain times, she doesn't want to use the potty. The other day I went to check on her to make sure she was sleeping during rest time and couldn't believe my eyes. The little stinker (literally!) had decided to finger paint her room. There was poop everywhere. Poop on the walls. Poop on the bed. Poop on the carpet. Poop on the dresser. Poop on the gate. Poop on Emma. Poop everywhere. I didn't even know where to start cleaning. It was definitely one of life's little experiences that as a parent, I could have done without.
Picasso's Back...
The next day, guess who was back at it? Only this time, I had John's brother, Michael, and his girlfriend, Christina there to help. Thank goodness! I think after seeing Emma's mess and what she was capable of, that probably delayed any possible plans of them having kids in the near future.
Thankfully I haven't had any more surprise paintings by Emma...let's hope it stays this way!
Wednesday, August 15, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment