Wednesday, January 9, 2013

One of Life's Little Lessons

We've always been taught that it is better to give than to receive so we thought it would be a perfect opportunity to teach the kids about giving back around the holidays.  In the past, we've always done a gift exchange with the cousins.  This year, instead of spending money on their cousins, the kids bought treats, food, and toys for the dogs and cats at the local animal shelter.  We had a lot of fun doing this activity and hope to continue this new tradition with the cousins next year.

NOTE:  I will say that I got tons of strange looks at Target that night with the kids.  Of course, the one time there is a good looking guy behind us in the checkout line and he thinks that we own 20 dogs and cats.  :)  I could tell the cashier thought we were a little nuts as well until we finally explained what we were doing...good times.


Feeding the dogs the treats they brought
Delivering everything to the shelter

Emma did not like the smell in there
Pizza time!
The kids all got dog ears or cat ears from the shelter...they loved them!



I checked on B before going to bed and the little monkey was sound asleep with his dog ears on

No comments: